Saturday, October 25, 2008

Book Reviews for Island Song are all 5 star reviews!


Hi Everyone,

the book reviews for my debut novel, Island Song, are starting to trickle in and I'm very please and proud to say that they are all 5 star reviews so far. At the risk of boring you with some blatant self promotion, I'd like to share what some reviewers are saying about my work:


Bryl Tyne wrote:
"I recommend this novel to anyone searching for a deeper meaning to life and love.

Although marketed as paranormal gay romance, this book is SO MUCH MORE! Island Song is full of page turning, artfully depicted adventures and involves many touching issues that could make the toughest of hearts weep.

However, erotic - Island Song is not. I found the love scenes tastefully written. Without adding the "gag" of purple prose, the scenes were descriptive enough to visualize while bearing just the right amount of enticing sensuality.

Don't get me wrong, the romance between Garrett and Songoree is one of the most beautifully mastered tales of male love that I have ever read. Let me share with you one example...While reading through a scene where something as innocent as a shoulder massage that Songoree, out of concern, administers to Garrett, I found myself blinking back the tears.

Alan Chin's writing is breathtakingly descriptive, and yet his vivid scenes and accurate scenarios, his multifaceted character depictions, and the overall movement throughout the book was never tedious. I picked Island Song up, and four and a half hours later, closed it feeling as if I had taken the deepest breath of fresh air imaginable in years.

This book was expertly crafted, and I can't wait to see more from this new author."

Rainbow-Reviews said:

“Alan’s description of the Hawaiian Islands was absolutely breathtaking. I could feel the wind on my face. I could smell the ocean. I could feel the beat of the drums and hear the songs. I felt like I was there with these wonderful characters. The book sometimes alluded to sex, and when they actually made love it was the most beautiful thing that I could imagine. I learned so much about Hawaii and the book made me want to go there. This book is awesome and I would recommend it to everyone. Applauds go to Alan Chin”

No comments: