Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GLBT literature examiner for Examiner.com

Hi Readers and Writers,

Last week Christopher Soden sent me a message indicating that he was starting a series of articles at Examiner.com on queer culture to profile GLBT heroes. I checked it out (nice article on Francis Bacon), and then I checked out Examiner.com and found that they have nobody covering the colorful world of GLBT literature. Well they do now.

I'm beginning an ongoing column at Examiner.com on queer literature, both locally (San Francisco Bay Area) and globally, to profile GLBT books and the people who write, publish, and sell them. So I plan to write book reviews, post interviews with writers and publishers and book sellers, announce author events, cover conventions, and even showcase blogs.

So if you're a gay or lesbian writer looking for another outlet to promo yourself and your work, please contact me. And for readers who want a place to check out what's going on in the world of GLBT Literature, swing by often and see what's new. The link is:
http://www.tinyurl.com/d54rtd

So far I have only posted one article, about the grassroots author response to the Amazon.com "technical glitch" fiasco of a few weeks ago. Later this week I'll be posting a book review of Ed Patterson's wonderful novel, The Academician, and there will be more, much more.

Thanks, Alan Chin

7 comments:

Scott P said...

Alan:

Congrats on the column -- it'll motivate me to write something for you to review!!!

Scott

Helen said...

Congratulations Alan. If you're not on Twitter, you might want to sign on and check for authors there.

Helen
http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com

Gayle Carline said...

Congrats, and good luck, Alan! I began my writing career as a columnist, so I wish you great material for each deadline!

Gayle
http://gaylecarline.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice going! Good blog and enjoyed the post. I DID see a spot or two where a text could've been hyperlinked, but overall well done. I'll look forward to reading more from you during the challenge. :)

Marvin D Wilson
http://inspiritandtruths.blogspot.com/
http://tiedyedtirades.blogspot.com/

Jina Bacarr said...

I agree with Helen re: Twitter. You also might want to check out the Twitter writer's chat on Sundays from 12 noon to 3 pm Pacific time. Put #writechat in the search box and you'll find the tweets--Mark David Gerson is guest hosting this week.

Alexis Grant said...

Good for you! And I like the your site -- Nice and clean, easy to look at.

KK Brees said...

Excellent site, Alan and kudos on the column!