Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th of July

This is one of my favorite times of year for two reasons. The first is that I love hot weather, and by July the heat is hitting its stride for the summer months. I love it. But the second reason is that I adore fireworks. There are few things in life I enjoy more than a fine pyrotechnic display. Can say why, but lighting up the night sky with color gives me a rush I can’t find with anything else.

I suppose that makes me an old kid. Okay, so be it. At least a kid at heart. It’s nice to be thrilled with something, even if it only comes once or twice per year. It’s one of the reasons I travel through Asia during Chinese New Year. They always do great fireworks.

So I watched the New York display last night on TV. It was so fantastic I could hardly breathe. Tonight, the Marin County fair is having their final night, and they will be launching their final pyrotechnic show. I will have a ringside seat.

So here’s to the kid in all of us.

No comments: