I was on track to finish the conversion of my novel Island Song to past tense at the end of this week. I'm really pleased at the work because I'm also tightening the prose as I go. I'm really a much better writer now than when I wrote IS. However, I received the edits for my novel Match Maker from Dreamspinner Press today. I now must go through and examine every edit, approve or reject each one, and I've only got ten days to do it. Doing some quick math tells me I must edit thirty-five pages per day. That's a lot.
I'm not complaining. I'm actually thrilled that my new publisher did the first round of edits so quickly (they do two rounds). But this means I'll be heads-down working for the next ten days, especially if I hope to continue making progress on converting Island Song to past tense.
Don't be surprised if you don't here from me over the next week. lol