Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cover Art for my first novella, Simple Treasures

Please help me decide which is the best cover for my novella, Simple Treasures.

Simple Treasure Blurb

Newly released from a mental institution, Simple’s first job is caring for Emmett, a crusty drunkard dying of cancer on a ranch in Utah. Simple’s first fragile friendship is with Emmett’s grandson Jude, a gay youth in Gothic drag who gets nothing but grief from his grandfather. In an attempt to help both men, Simple, a Shoshone Indian, decides to perform a ceremony that will save Emmett by transferring his spirit into the body of a falcon.



Working to capture a falcon will bring Emmett and Jude closer as Jude and Simple’s growing love for each other blossoms, but all is not well. When the ranch, Jude’s future, and Simple’s happiness are threatened, more than Emmett’s spirit faces a bleak future.





7 comments:

Mz_MEW said...

Hi Alan. I really like the second and third one.

Cecilia Ryan said...

I like the image on second one, but the title lettering on the third. The last is a nice cover, but I would assume the book was about an eagle in the way that Ratatouille was about a mouse.

nam said...

2nd and 4th. Keep the nice guy in!

Anonymous said...

Alan, really like the second one. The book sounds very interesting, can't wait!

Kayelle Allen said...

Well, now you've got a completely different opinion... LOL I like the 5th one. I thought the person was a woman until I read the comments, and then thought about the fact that the book was about a young Shoshone male.

Maybe a sixth option would be to combine the person with the two birds on the same page. Like you needed another option... >_< Haven't helped you much, have I?

Zach Sweets said...

I actually like fifth one the best :)

Narielle Living said...

Hi! I like the fourth one the best. Sounds like an interesting read.