Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fan Mail


Tuesdays are the days I set aside to showcase my work. Today I would like to share a letter I received from a fan I’d never met, but who brightened my day.  I love writing, and find great pleasure in the process of developing stories and publishing them, but there is nothing more pleasurable than knowing I’ve touched someone with my craft. So here is the letter:



Good morning!
A quick note to thank you for writing Island Song.  This is the third Alan Chin book I’ve read, and you haven’t let me down yet ... more genuine and compelling characters, realistic and unique story line and relationships, interwoven with colorful and intriguing island charms and history.  So well done, Alan; you clearly write with intelligence and heart! 
Matchmaker is in the queue and I will get to it soon.  In the meantime, please keep writing and I will keep reading.


Thank you for taking the time to write. It means a great deal to me. You keep reading and I’ll keep writing!

No comments: