Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cover Art for First Exposure (my next novel)


Tuesdays are the days I showcase my own work on this blog. Today I’d like to share the cover of my next novel, First Exposure.

As you can see from the cover, I’ve drawn from my four-year enlistment in the U.S. Navy to create this story, part of with takes place on the super-carrier, USS Abraham Lincoln, and is the story of military people battling homophobia.

Admittedly, it feels strange to showoff a cover nine months before the book releases. It also seems strange to me that the publisher, Bold Strokes Books, has created a beautiful cover even before I’ve sent them the manuscript. Yes, the publisher has not read the story yet. I’ve given them nothing but a high-level description of the storyline.

That said, and with no further delay, here’s the cover of my next published novel:






1 comment:

Dorien Grey said...

I like it, Alan, though I'm a little confused by the...fencing? Mesh? he's looking through. Supposed to represent his being confined by homophobia? I found it mildly distracting from the overall effect of the cover.

Dorien