Monday, September 4, 2017

Finished Writing Everything You Ever Wanted

Yesterday I finished the final edits for Everything You Ever Wanted, a 400 page action adventure story that pits man’s greed against his lust for violence.

I’ve had this story percolating in my head for the last five years, and I’ve been writing this story for the last year and a half. It is, beyond doubt, the longest and most complex story I’ve ever attempted.

I am very pleased with the story, and thrilled it came out as good as it did. I know there are sections where the writing is a bit over-cooked. I dare say I could put it away, and then come back in a few months or next year for another round of edits, and I could make it better. But my feeling for now is that I’m so done with it. It’s time for me to move on. Today, I begin work on what I hope is a much shorter, less complex story. ;)

No comments: