Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm back from the land of no internet

Hi and happy Thanksgiving to everyone back home.

I've been MIA for the past three weeks, two of which Herman and I were traveling through south China, visiting the Chin Family village. It was an awesome experience but we couldn't find internet access. On the few times we did get access, we were blocked from FB, Twitter and our blogs. All we could access was email. Not sure that the Chinese government thinks they can accomplish by that.

I enjoyed every place we visited, about 5 destinations, with the exception of Hong Kong. That city is very western, with all of the problems of a huge, crowded city, but with none of the charm of China. It was also the only place in our China travels where I found the people to be pushy and rude. I love China, but have no interest in returning to Hong Kong.

While on the road I managed to get a lot of reading done, and will be posting reviews of books over the next several days. I did post two reviews so far. The reviews and links are:

1) Aaron's Wait by Dorien Grey http://tinyurl.com/yambtkv

2) Subsurdity by Eric Arvin http://tinyurl.com/ygm3927

Hope you enjoy the review. I'll try to post some pics of the China trip in the next few days.

cheers!

No comments: