Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Best Kind of New Year’s Present!

Hope everyone had a fabulous New Year. I've been MIA for three days with my head down, working like a dog. On New Year’s Eve I received a wonderful present, an email from a fellow screenwriter telling me she had mentioned my script, Daddy’s Money, to a producer/agent during a pitch session. Apparently, the producer thinks enough of my premise that he wants to read the script. Yeah!!

So I’ve spent the last few days proofing, tightening the dialog, crossing the Ts. The words are now swimming in front of my eyes, but I’m ready to send it off. Please everyone, cross your fingers and toes for me. A nobody screenwriter doesn’t get too many of these opportunities, so wish me luck.

Now I can sit back and rest for a day or two before returning to the novel I’m working on. It’s great to be starting a new year with hope.

Best to all.

No comments: