Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Signed with a New Publisher

It’s been a long haul. Two years ago I finished my third novel, Match Maker, the story of a gay tennis coach helping a straight teen make it big on the pro tennis tour. I managed to snag a reputable literary agent, and she spent a year and a half trying to sell it to different publishers, with no luck. In mid-March she and I had a falling out, and she dropped me like a stone.

I spent the month of April going over the manuscript again, giving in another polish, then sent it to two publishers. Today, Dreamspinner Press, a well-respected player in the gay publishing market, sent me a contract. They will publish Match Maker in September of this year.

Needless to say, I’m thrilled.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, that is amazing news - looking forward to reading more about the book!

Lethe Press said...

In the future, Alan, please do not submit ti Lethe if the manuscript is already under consideration.

Eric Arvin said...

You'll love Dreamspinner, Alan. They're wonderful to deal with.

davidjed said...

Congrats Alan -- that's great news!