Saturday, July 17, 2010

On A Roll

It seems that lady luck is smiling on me these days. About a month ago, I mentioned that I had signed with Dreamspinner Press to publish my third novel, Match Maker, this coming September. I was still giddy over that stroke of fortune when I received another contract from them today. It seems the good folks at Dreamspinner want to publish my fourth novel, Butterfly’s Child, in early December.

Needless to say, I’m thrilled. A writer spends years on a story, all the while never knowing if it will see the light of day. S/he journeys forth, armed with only a belief in their own talent, and often that belief is a fragile thing indeed. It can be a lonely life filled with self-doubt.

So when professionals at a respected publishing house think enough of that story to gamble their time and money on its success, that is like the heavens opening up and rays of pure energy beaming down to fill the soul. It means that people, hopefully hordes, will read and appreciate your work. It is a sweet feeling indeed, and I am basking in it as I type.

A colossal thanks goes out to the folks at Dreamspinner Press. These are truly the people who make dreams come true.
.
.

No comments: