Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Palm Springs Air Museum


Last week Herman and I had three friends for the Bay Area staying with us. One of the activities we arranged to entertain them was a morning at the Air Museum. I had wanted to visit this museum for the last three years, so this was as much fun for me as it was for our visitors.

This facility boasts being one of the world’s largest collections of operational WWII-era aircraft. There are three air-conditioned hangars totaling 65,000 square feet, displaying 28 vintage planes, ranging from the WWII-era Grumman F6F Hellcat to a B17 Flying Fortress, to the more modern F-4 Phantom. The museum preserves, exhibits, and flies aircraft from World War Two, Korea, and the Vietnam Wars. Most of the aircraft are in flyable condition.

We all had a great time, but I could have spent another three to four hours there. I will be going back soon.






No comments: