Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fan Mail

Several friends have asked me how readers are responding to my novel, Island Song. So I thought I would post some examples of emails that I have recieved from readers for those who are interested in that. The three examples below are the ones that made me feel particularly good:

Alan,

I finished Island Song and wanted you to know how much I enjoyed it. I felt that I had read something that didn't underestimate me as a reader. The use of language not only in descriptions but as a descriptive of the beauty of the language. (I know what I mean but of course I'm having trouble explaining!). The writing is beautiful.

I was afraid that as I generally read mysteries and sci fi, that I would be disappointed in the story. But in some ways Island Song is sci fi - you create an entire world, a mystical world. I'm glad I found your writing through the GWR list.
Eric


Hi Alan,

Well, I found and purchased 'Island Song' on fictionwise and I've just finished reading it. WOW!!!!....what a brilliant, brilliant novel! I'm totally in awe of your writing and creativity. I haven't even fully processed the novel (or the many emotions it drew out of me), but even though I've just finished it, I'm very eager to go back and read it again.

I truly hope you will be writing more and look forward to reading anything, and everything you come up with.

Congratulations on a true masterpiece,
Heather


Alan,
All I can say is...WOW! I want more!!WOOHOO!!
I'm proud of you and excited too because I truly LOVED your book!
I have to tell you, I am honest in my reviews, and if something is not 'good', I'll figure out a way to say it, believe me. Your book, Island Song is one of the most Inspirational stories I have ever read. I don't know for the life of me why you shelved it under Paranormal Erotic Romance. I found it not erotic at all, which is NOT a bad thing...I can encourage many more of my friends to read it now, and I am so impressed with your style and the way you're able to be highly descriptive without being boring (I don't often find that, let me tell you.)! I'm not even sure I would have labeled it Paranormal. I loved the way you approached sensitive issues and pertinent life lessons without preaching. To me, your book was THE INSPIRATIONAL ADVENTURE of a lifetime.
I wish you much success in your future endeavors, and for god's sake, get me another freaking book ASAP!!! Beautiful, beautiful story!Sincerely, and from one that is Not easily impressed,
Bryl

No comments: