Friday, March 12, 2010

A Chore Day

Today has been a chore day. I flew into SFO last night as the sunset. It was stunning. I’ve seen some impressive sights in the last few months, the Hong Kong skyline for instance. But none I enjoy more than seeing San Francisco from the air. This really is a special city, unique in so many ways.

Took about two hours to wade through customs and catch the airporter bus home.
Even though I was dead tired from a the eleven-hour flight from Hong Kong, I was also wired at being home, so not much sleep last night.

Been fighting jet-lag all day. Not much energy, getting confused easily, starting tasks and then forgetting what I was doing. Bottom line: it has not been a stellar day for me. Still, it feels so damned good to be home after four months of living out of a suitcase.

I did manage to get a few things checked off my todo list – something like three of the ten things I had planned to do. LOL.

Oh well, I think I’ll let myself off the hook and just go crawl back into bed for a half-hour nap. Naps are important, more so the older one gets, and I’m feeling pretty old today.

So I’ll wrap this up and try to post an update tomorrow.

No comments: