Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to Being Productive

During the four months I was in Asia, I worked almost every day but I didn’t feel that productive. I never got into a standard routine that allowed me focus on my work for long periods of time. And although I’ve been back home for almost a month, I had not, until this week, kicked into high gear. But something clicked this week, and I’m now beginning to feel productive again. I have two projects that I’m on track to finish before the end of this month.

The first is my manuscript, Match Maker, which my literary agent has been trying to sell for the past fourteen months. I received a note from in early March that she was giving up on it. Ok, I thought, I’ll do another rewrite and polish before trying to find a publisher myself. That is what has taken the majority of my time for the past month, rewriting and fine tuning. I’ve been amazed at how much I’ve been able to tighten up the prose, and I’m feeling confident that it is so much better written now that I will be able to find a publisher.

The second project it a screenplay that I’ve been working on for the last six or seven months. It’s a great little story about relationships and dying on your own terms. It is almost complete, and I will start the (hopefully) last polish today. Five polished pages per day should have it finished this month.

So I’m feeling good about closing these two projects and moving on. I’ve got lots more projects to write, and I’m getting excited about them.

No comments: