Friday, August 20, 2010

Everything is ready now for Match Maker

I haven't spent much time in the last several days online because I've been proofreading the galley for my novel, Match Maker. Proofing the galley is the last step before publication, so now I can focus on getting the word out to readers. That of course, starts with updating my website, http://alanchin.net and that is not a task I'm looking forward to. I can write novels; I can write screenplays; but when it comes to writing HTML code, I hate it. Oh well, it must be done because I'm not willing to pay someone else to do it.

The other thing I've done is to set up two book signings. One is a virtual signing that will take place on the Dreamspinner Press website on the day my novel, Match Maker, is released -- Sept. 6th. The other signing will be at a Different Light Bookstore in the heart of the Castro in San Francisco on Oct 22nd, starting at 7:30 p.m.

I'm very much looking forward to both events. I've got my fingers crossed for a huge turnout. If you can make it to either event, I would be grateful.

The other thing I need to do is line up some guest spots on other people's blogs. If you have a blog and would like to sponsor me as a guest, please contact me and let me know. I would be doublely grateful. :)

No comments: