Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I’m a semi-finalist! Not at the Gay Games, at the Great Gay Screenplay Contest

Wanted to share some good news. A few months ago I submitted two screenplays to the Great Gay Screenplay Contest held in Chicago. I was informed this morning that one of them, Simple Treasures, is a semi-finalist.


There are 15 semi-finalist out of several thousand entries, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I won't find out until Aug. 22 if my screenplay wins, but I'm not sure it matters. The whole point was to get my scripts noticed by producers and directors who can make them into a movie. And this contest does a bang up job of doing that with all of the semi-finalist. So win or lose, I'm getting noticed by the people in the gay movie industry who count.

It was a nice way to start the day. Okay, enough gloating, it's back to work for me. 



Alan

No comments: