Friday, November 12, 2010

My Palm Springs Book Signing

Last weekend, Palm Springs put on their annual Gay and Lesbian Pride celebration. In addition to the Freedom Day Parade, and the two day Pride celebration at a baseball field, The Q Trading Co. bookstore sponsored book signings for several authors, which included Armistead Maupin, Radcliffe, Kage Alan, myself, and others.

I had a blast. Not only did I sell ten times as many books as I did at last year's event, but a number of people I've met on FB and Twitter came up to introduce themselves. It was so much fun talking to these wonderful people in person. In addition to my online friends and people buying books, I had the opportunity to talk shop with author Kage Alan, who is one of the most charming and funniest people I know. He kept me laughing through the afternoon on both days. I also got to have a conversation with Armistead Maupin, who is as charming as he is interesting.

Also, Herman and I were invited to spend an entire week at our friend's, Jimmy and Rob, PS condo. We spent the first day playing tennis and chumming with them, and as alway, we had a wonderful time. And as always, I woke the next morning with a hangover. Not sure what it is about Jimmy and Rob, but I always managed to overdo everything, including drinking.

So here are some pics of the event:
This is a picture of the ballpark where the event was held. This was early in the day. It grew much more crowded in the afternoon. The temps were pushing 90 degrees, so people were showing lots of skin.


This is me posing with Armistead Maupin.

This is Kage Alan and me. Kage is the handsome one in the red shirt and Hollywood shades.

This is me signing a book beside Kage Alan scarfing up an ice cream.

This is me and my three books. Behind me is Ralph, Kage Alan's BF.



No comments: