Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cover Art for My New and Improved Novel, Island Song

My first novel, Island Song, was published two years ago by Zumaya Publications. My contract with Zumaya ends on Dec. 31st, and I have decide not to renew that contract. A few months back I approached Dreamspinner Press about publishing IS, and they agreed.

Today, I received several mockups of different ideas Dreamspinner has for a cover, and I was given my choice. I won't bother to show the rejects -- although they were all lovely -- because the one I picked was so much more elegant than all the others. I'm still not sure about a publication date, but when it comes out, the front cover will look like this:


As you can see from old cover on the right, this is a vast improvement over the first one. I hope people will agree that the writing and story are better as well.

1 comment:

Enid Wilson said...

Congratulations! The new cover looks mysterious and with depth.

Fire and Cross