Thursday, November 22, 2018

Double Celebration with Double Happiness

Today is not only Thanksgiving, it is also the 25thanniversary of being with my husband, Herman. Twenty-five years ago, we exchanged rings on Telegraph Hill in San Francisco, and promised to live together until death. Since then we have not spent a night apart.

It has been an extraordinary, quart-century journey. And on this day when we Americans traditionally examine our lives and give thanks, I feel I have more than my share to feel grateful for. Twenty-five years of love and support and friendship, of laughter and tears, of travel and adventure to all corners of the world, and of countless nights curled up on the couch, sharing a glass of wine and watching a movie.

I feel at this moment, with these memories, I am truly blessed.




No comments: