Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Mom


Add caption

Dear Mom,

I’ve been thinking about you all morning, remembering the things you’ve taught me over the years, and also everything you’ve shown me.

You taught me things like: if you do something, do it well; never turn your back on a friend; finish what you start; and have something saved for a rainy day.
                                                    
But you showed me so much more. You demonstrated, through your own example, strength and determination, and not letting a handicap stop you from doing what needs to be done. You showed me that family is the most important thing we have, and being a devoted spouse is our principal task. You showed that being humble brings many simple treasures, and to take pleasure in those little, unimportant things in life.

But I think the most significant lesson you showed me was to always be myself—I don’t need to put on airs or pretend I’m something I’m not because I’m fine the way I am.  In fifty-nine years, I’ve never once seen you try to be anything but a loving, honest, Christian wife and mother, and that was always more than enough.

Today I want to thank you for setting a fine example for me to live by. I know it has not been easy, and we’ve had our share of disappointments. But today I simply want to acknowledge your life, and thank you, and let the world know that I love you, heart and soul. I am very proud to be your son.

Happy Mother’s Day


No comments: