Monday, April 26, 2010

Completion

There is nothing quite like the feeling of completing something difficult, and knowing you did the best job you are capable of.

That’s what happened to me today, only doubly so. I’ve been working on two screenplays over the last few years. I’ve had them nearly done for months, with only polishing here and writing a synopsis there left to do. But because a friend is presenting both my scripts to a producer this week, I’ve been forced to do a heads-down, full-speed-ahead completion. I’ve been at it all last week, and today, I moved everything into my Completed file.

Even though I have other projects still in progress, I feel like a loadstone has been lifted off my chest. I feel so totally free. Even if this producer rejects both scripts, I feel fantastic. I can finally move on to other projects.

Funny, I got into writing screenplays because I thought it would take less time to write them. I mean, they are only 100 pages and mostly dialog. What I didn’t know, is that to write a good 100 page script, is more difficult and takes longer than writing a 400 page novel. But what a feeling when you finally finish them.

Now all I have to do is find a good agent to market my scripts.

No comments: